Research Center for Inclusion
The Research Center for Inclusion (RCI) is legally registered in 2018 with Ministry of Science and Technology in Vietnam and under coordination and management of the government focal point of Southeast Asian Research Association of Vietnam (SEARAV).
RCI is constituted as a result of the localization of the Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR) Mekong that operated in Vietnam in 1981 and managed programs on leprosy disease control, disability and inclusion of persons with disability in Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, China, Laos and Thailand. RCI continues NLR Mekong’s expertise, experience and network established throughout 35 years in Vietnam.
RCI envisions a world in which people with disability, including children and persons affected by leprosy enjoy equal rights and full inclusion in society. The organization works on five priority areas: 1) Inclusive education, 2) Social inclusion, 3) Inclusive Health and Community-Based Rehabilitation (CBR), 4) Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and 5) Research. For further information please visit our website:
RCI office is seeking a qualified and motivated Vietnamese national for the position of:
- with a keen interest in people with disabilities and disability issues , prior experience in working with people with disabilities will be considered an advantage;
- who can work alongside our partners in Vietnam for inclusive employment for for youth disabilities and sexual reproductive health and rights;
- who can contribute to promoting employers’ awareness about the capabilities of youth with disabilities;
- who can influence employers to recruit or increase number of employees with disabilities in their organizations and to get the employers to provide an accessible working environment for youth with disabilities;
- who can help advocate and implement the sexual reproductive health and rights in the RCI’ strategy;
- who can work as an active, supportive and responsible team member in our office and in the field within the context of the framework of RCI’s support in Vietnam.
For further details please see the Job Profile below.
Job Title: Project Officer
Place of Work/Location: Hanoi (approx. 40% time on travel to field sites)
Report to: Program Coordinator
Start date: July 2022
The candidate is expected to work on two projects as briefed below:
- Inclusive employment – Inclusive Youth with disability project, funded by the Liliane Foundation, that aims to to enable youth with disabilities to have access to decent jobs through the outcomes of Youth with disabilities are skilled and ready to join labor market; and Employers recruit or have increased numbers of staff with disability in their organizations. The project’s site is based in Hanoi and with a possibility to be expanded to Bac Ninh province. The candidate will co-implement this project with another current Project Officer of RCI.
- Community-based rehabilitation (CBR) project. (Background of this project will be introduced with the candidate in the interview)
Notes to potential candidate:
Please be informed that by the time the candidate commences his/her employment with RCI, there will be vacancy of a 4-month study leave with the project ‘Body Talk’ that works on the sexual education and development of young people with disabilities to ensure that they can give their own interpretation of their sexual and relational lives with confidence and a self-image and they can express their wishes and boundaries. As such, the candidate is kindly expected to replace and take over the position of project officer for Body Talk in their first 4 months while also engaging in Inclusive employment – Inclusive Youth with disabilities. From the 5th month, s/he will focus on Inclusive employment – Inclusive Youth with disability and CBR projects.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and support the project activity implementation in coordination with RCI Program Coordinator and Project Officer
- Coordinate working relationship with project partners, maintaining regular communication and ensuring delivery of project activities, including donor compliance
- Conduct field visits for the purposes of monitoring & evaluation, provision of technical support to project partners, documentations of lessons learnt and successful stories
- Work closely with the project team for preparation of project reports, work-plans, budgets and contribute to development or revision of project technical documents
- Participate in networks (e.g employers and labor fairs) and learning & sharing exchange
- Lead the organization of meetings, workshops and training events
- Perform other tasks as required by Program Coordinator and Director
Selection criteria (desired)
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in any discipline relating to social development, community development or public health. Experience could substitute for formal qualification
- At least 3 years of practical experience in the fields associated to the above-mentioned areas and with NGO and/or relevant development projects
- Proven abilities to undertake development projects
- Experience in working with public and private enterprises, youth with disabilities, vocational training service providers, health departments is an advantage.
- Good report writing skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Self motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Well developed interpersonal and team skills
A maximum of gross salary for the position is 335,400,000 VND per annum.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 May 2022.
In the subject line, please insert: Application for Project Officer.