Research Center for Inclusion
|Key Objectives||The Intern will work closely with Project Team members and the Office Manager to assist them with activities related to project implementation, office running, and communication.|
As soon as possible
The Research Center for Inclusion (RCI) is legally registered in 2018 with Ministry of Science and Technology in Vietnam and under coordination and management of the government focal point of Southeast Asian Research Association of Vietnam (SEARAV).
RCI is constituted as a result of the localization of the Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR) Mekong that operated in Vietnam and managed programs on leprosy disease control, disability and inclusion of persons with disability in Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, China, Laos and Thailand. RCI continues NLR Mekong’s expertise, experience and network established throughout 35 years in Vietnam and Mekong region.
RCI envisions a world in which people with disability, including children and persons affected by leprosy enjoy equal rights and full inclusion in society. The organization works on five priority areas: 1) Inclusive education, 2) Social inclusion, 3) Inclusive Health and Community-Based Rehabilitation (CBR), 4) Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and 5) Research. For further information please visit our website: https://rci-nlr.org/
RCI office is seeking a qualified and motivated Vietnamese national for the position of: Intern
- with a keen interest in people with disabilities and disability issues;
- can work as an active, supportive, and responsible team member in our office and in the field within the context of the framework of RCI’s support in Vietnam.
For further details please see the Job Profile below.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work closely with project team to assist in planning, implementing and monitoring project activities
- Prepare project/activity related-news, press release, articles for public media and internal launch
- Advise project team on formats and methods of organizing events to best attract target audiences, to promote project messages and to brand RCI
- Input and track data and information in M&E project templates and files
- Provide translation and interpretation services from English to Vietnamese language and vice versa
- Contribute to project documentation e.g development of manuals, books, videos, stories, the most significant of change etc.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders as required
- Contribute to the organisation of RCI’s international, regional and national events, global movement or campaigns
- Participate in M&E trips to partner organizations in Vietnam
- Other tasks as required by project team member
The Intern will assist the Office Manager in maintaining office services and assist the project team to conduct activities. S/he can work independently or as assigned by their line-manager. The key tasks include:
- Control correspondences
- Liaise with suppliers, other agencies, organizations and groups
- Maintain office equipment
- Coordinate shipping and mailing packages, faxing, copying, and filing
- Arrange all logistic procedures such as hotel, visas for foreign visitors, flight booking, car rental, workshops and meeting
- Provide inputs or review articles, stories, video etc prior to uploading on RCI website and Facebook
- Other assignments as required by the line-manager
The intern will not have an employment contract. She or he will receive an allowance of 3,000,000VND per month for lunch and travel cost.
Interested applicants should submit a statement of claims addressing the position and the selection criteria and an up-to-date CV with scanned latest photo by 15th November, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate your expectation for remuneration/ salary in your application.
In the subject line, please insert: Application for Intern.