Research Center for Inclusion
|Job Title:||Project Officer|
|Place of Work/ Location :||Hanoi (approx. 30% time on travel to field sites)|
The Research Center for Inclusion (RCI) is legally registered in 2018 with Ministry of Science and Technology in Vietnam and under coordination and management of the government focal point of Southeast Asian Research Association of Vietnam (SEARAV).
RCI is constituted as a result of the localization of the Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR) Mekong that operated in Vietnam and managed programs on leprosy disease control, disability and inclusion of persons with disability in Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, China, Laos and Thailand. RCI continues NLR Mekong’s expertise, experience and network established throughout 35 years in Vietnam and Mekong region.
RCI envisions a world in which people with disability, including children and persons affected by leprosy enjoy equal rights and full inclusion in society. The organization works on five priority areas: 1) Inclusive education, 2) Social inclusion, 3) Inclusive Health and Community-Based Rehabilitation (CBR), 4) Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and 5) Research. For further information please visit our website: https://rci-nlr.org/
RCI office is seeking a qualified and motivated Vietnamese national for the position of:
- with a keen interest in people with disabilities and disability issues, prior experience in working with people with disabilities will be an advantage;
- who can work alongside our partners in Vietnam for inclusive employment or sexual reproductive health and rights for persons with disabilities;
- who can contribute to improving quality of life of persons with disabilities
- who can work as an active, supportive and responsible team member in our office and in the project sites of RCI’s support in Vietnam.
This position is a replacement for a 6-month maternity leave, starting in December 2023 and ending in May 2024.
For further details please see the Job Profile below.
The candidate is expected to work on two projects as briefed below:
Project 1: Inclusive employment – Inclusive Youth with disability (herein referred to as TVET project), funded by the Liliane Foundation, aims to enable youth with disabilities to have access to decent jobs with focus on enabling Youth with disabilities to be skilled and ready to join labor market; advocating employers for increased numbers of employees with disability in the organizations. The site of this project is based in Hanoi and time allocation of the project officer is expected 65%.
Project 2: Body Talk project, funded by Liliane Fonds with technical support from Rutgers (Netherlands) aims that youngsters with disabilities (YwD) are in charge of of their bodies and lives, and are standing up for their rights, wishes and limits on sexual and reproductive health. Our project beneficiaries are 600 YwD aged 10 – 25 years old – prioritized to blind/visual impairment, deaf/hearing impairment and intellectual disability who are living in Quang Tri, DakLak province and Hue city. Time allocation of the project officer for Body Talk is expected to be 35%.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assist the implementation of TVET project on enabling youth with disabilities to have access to decent jobs in Ha Noi (65%) and partly support the implementation of Body Talk project in Dak Lak and Quang Tri to support youngsters with disability in SRHR (35%).
- Develop and implement activities to improve awareness, strategies and actions addressing the sustainability performance of the projects in Vietnam.
- Develop and strengthen cooperation among stakeholders in the private sector and government, foster relationships and support capacity development on social inclusion.
- Represents the projects and RCI towards stakeholders, the private sector and related government institutions and ensures effective communication and collaboration between the projects and stakeholders.
- Supports the monitoring and evaluation of the project activities.
- Contribute to the knowledge management of the project by collecting and adequately distributing information and relevant communication material about the activities.
- Be responsible for the timely production and submission of the various plans of activity, budgets and narrative & financial reports in accordance with RCI’s requirements and Donor’s requirements.
- Assist in preparing meetings, workshops and training events in Vietnam;
Selection criteria (desired)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline relating to social development, community development, disability or public health. Experience could substitute for formal qualification;
- At least 5 years of experience with NGO and/or development projects;
- Demonstrable significant practical experience in job training, finding and sharing job information for youth with disabilities;
- Proven abilities to undertake development projects;
- Experience with project design and implementation, including baseline surveys and evaluations;
- Diplomacy, flexible and administrative skills in order to work with people at managerial level;
- Proven interest in persons with disabilities, social inclusion, and issues of discrimination and stigma;
- Demonstrable project management skills (supervisory experience is a necessity);
- Good at report writing;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Willingness to travel at short notice;
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision;
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills.
Interested applicants should submit a statement of claims addressing the position and the selection criteria and an up-to-date CV with scanned latest photo by 20th October, 2023 to email@example.com
Please indicate your expectation for remuneration/ salary in your application.
In the subject line, please insert: Application for Project Officer.